Due to the compact size and portability of Apple AirPods, they are fairly simple to lose. Apple designed the ‘Find My AirPods’ feature keeping this in mind. It is easy to set up and will quickly assist you in locating your lost AirPods. This blog explains in detail how to add airpods to my devices like iPhones, iPad, or others.
Find My Feature – The best solution
Apple is always concerned about its customers and their needs, so it introduced the ‘Find My’ feature. Whichever Apple device you have, you can find it using this feature. The app provides a number of ways to help you find lost Apple devices. If by any chance, you lost your AirPods somewhere close, you can still find them via the audible sound in nearly all rooms. Well, as discussed earlier, it ‘Find My’ feature works with Apple’s products, so you have to find another way to find the lost products from third parties.
If you have no idea where you lost your AirPods, still, you can find them using the map service by the ‘Find My’ feature. Low battery causes the AirPods to lose contact and hence drop their last known location before dying entirely. Even while AirPods are not online, nearby Apple devices owned by other people can communicate encrypted information on the location of your missing AirPods. Remember, that only applies to Apple devices; your other brand headphones are not compatible.
Adding AirPods to Apple Devices
Your AirPods can be easily added to the Find My service, however, different Apply products come with different manuals – but overall it’s simple.
Let’s explore how to add airpods to my devices including iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Go to settings and click on your name to select ‘Find My’.
- From here, you will see options like Find My [AirPods] and other device options. Select this option as you are adding AirPods. You first have to activate the feature and then turn it on. Also, to find airpods when they are offline, next activate ‘Find My Network’.
- To enable location sending by lost airpods, you should turn on the ‘Send Last Location’ feature.
- If you want to locate lost airpods using the map, then you should enable ‘Location Services’ by going to Settings, then navigating to ‘Privacy’ and turning on ‘Location Services’.
- When you will now pair up AirPods with any of the Apple Devices, the ‘Find My’ feature will automatically set up.
Though to locate the turned-off AirPods that are not synced to apple devices, you can try this method;
- Go to Settings and navigate to the Bluetooth menu.
- Click on the ‘MORE INFO’ button found next to your device name.
- Go down the page to locate the ‘Find My Network’ option and activate it.
Locating Apple AirPods with Find My
Don’t panic if you misplace your AirPods; all you need to do is launch the Find My app on your Apple devices using the most recent macOS version and the same Apple ID. The Find Devices or Find Items applications on an Apple Watch will also function if you don’t have any other Apple device like iPhone. Keep reading to learn how to add airpods to my devices.
If none of those devices are available to you, you may still use the Find My app to locate your missing AirPods using a device belonging to someone else as long as they are in your Family Sharing group. You can use a web browser to log in to the iCloud locate page as well.
On reaching the iOS the ‘Find My’ app, just mark the AirPods as lost and play any audio to find them. You can also check for the location on the map. It will notify you if the AirPods Pro is nearby or if any other Apple device locate.
Only a more restricted set of functionalities are available with standard AirPods. The location and sound of the true wireless earphones may be seen and heard using Find My.
The small size of the earphones makes it more likely than you had that you’ll lose your AirPods. Finding those lost earbuds is no longer a concern thanks to Find My and its useful features. So, if you know how to add airpods to my devices, you can escape from this situation.